Simply me, a Swede in LA

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Forgotten challenge!

Oops! I totally forgot about Ellen's challenge from a while ago, to list 5 weird things I do or bad habits, so here it goes, here's the worst of me:

* I'm really bad at explaining things, directions, how something happened, just anything.

* I can't tell a story straight out, I always wander off to the side and end up telling a whole other story.

* I buy new clothes even though I have unused ones hanging in my closet with price tags still on them.

* I have THE WORST memory.... It can be anything from sitting and having a conversation with someone and suddenly realize I have no idea what we're talking about, to not being able to remember what exactly happened yesterday...(No, not in that way! Just like, what did I actually DO? And it turns out I watched movie, cleaned and went shopping for all I know...)

* And last but not least, I'm very trusting and naive, which I shouldn't be considering where I grew up, but I always want to believe in the good in people and it gets me in trouble, therefore (and here comes what I think is the worst thing I do), I can be a total bitch sometimes if I think somebody has the wrong intentions.

Well, that wasn't so hard, now to pass the challenge forward (even tho everybody has probably already done it)
I challenge:

Cicci
Ida
Emma
Modeamatoren
Matilda

4 Comments:

  • At 13:33, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jag har redan gjort den :) Men kul att läsa om dina ovanor!!

     
  • At 14:31, Blogger Mim said…

    cicci: Trodde nastan det, jag ar lite efter :)

     
  • At 07:23, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jag har me gjort den =(

     
  • At 13:18, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there, I'm another Swede in the ol' US of A, and here's a tip for you...
    Saw your blog about not remembering what you were just talking about, etc., which is a common symptom for what's called "brain fog" - comes with concussion, dementia, (don't worry yet) and also, strangely, from certain food intolerance. Most of us are sensitive to some foods, and I didn't realize I was highly intolerant to wheat flour until I was 22. Apart from giving me this stupid brain fog, it also granted me arthritic pain. I'M IN MY TWENTIES!!!!!
    So, I did an elimination diet (google it), where I excluded all foods known to give people inflammatory conditions for 25 days, then re-introduced one of the eliminated foods every three days, to see how my body reacted. I had some wheat pasta, and suddenly my brain was malfunctioning like I had a major hangover, and I was in such pain I couldn't move for four hours. My body was so shocked after being clean, I just shut down.Needless to say, I don't eat wheat any more. Hard at first, but I feel so much better, it's totally worth it. Worth doing just to get to know your body better.
    Anyways, best of luck.
    Swedish Filmmaker in CO.
    (You can find me in Ellensmind)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home