Simply me, a Swede in LA

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Sample sale: Barneys


Today it was rise and shine pretty early for me to make it to this weeks sample sale! Barneys New York had set up in one of the hangars down by Santa Monica Airport, and I can tell you, it was packed! Around 800 men and women fighting over Louboutins, Dolce & Gabbana, Diane von Furstenberg, Marc Jacobs and more! I tried on the most beautiful LBD by D&G, a purple lace DvF and several pairs of shoes including some Manolos and the cutest red Louboutins with a chiffon bow. Highlight of the day has still got to be the nude-colored chiffon gown with a huge black bow by Lanvin that I tried on, obviously way too fancy for someone who doesn't go to black-tie events very often (not to mention it cost over $3000), but still, sooo beautiful!

Unfortunately, the prices were a tad over my budget after all the summer shopping I've done so I had to leave empty-handed but it was fun to be there and I'm definately going to the next one as well :)

Pics: California Style

4 Comments:

  • At 01:06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Loves it!

     
  • At 21:59, Blogger Mim said…

    mimo: Hur kul som helst!

     
  • At 22:00, Blogger CaliforniaStyle said…

    Thanks for mentioning me!!! =)

    Did you end up getting anything? I didn't go because I know I would spend too much. Do you remember how much the red Christian Louboutin's were? I would love another pair.

     
  • At 22:26, Blogger Mim said…

    californiastyle: I actually didn't get anything cause once I break the first barrier I prob wouldn't be able to stop :) The red Louboutin's I think were $530, but oh sooo cute!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home